Working from a solutions-oriented approach, the staff NP delivers Women's Health care, including commensurate with training. Women's Health includes OB/GYN care and monitors clinical performance to ensure medical services and operations are in compliance with all applicable regulatory and licensing agencies. Also, the position serves as coach/mentor/trainer to clinical support staff, giving guidance in best practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations issues in priority of urgency according to TVHC policy and FQHC standards. The position reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer, or designee.
Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center is a non-profit community health center that is dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of our community by providing accessible, high quality care by integrating primary care, dental care, WIC support, mental health counseling, community health education and more
This is a full-time benefited position working 40 hours per week, typically Monday through Friday with periodic Saturday hours.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous paid leave benefits including holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement plan with an Employer match, tuition reimbursement, monthly treats, pet insurance and more.Responsibilities:
- Performs health assessments, including a thorough history and physical examination, ordering or performing certain diagnostic tests, evaluation of the psychosocial and family aspects of the situation sufficient to make a general health assessment, and diagnose the nature of common acute and chronic conditions within the field of OB/GYN
- Promotes and maintains Women's health, including planning of periodic health assessments and screenings, assessment and guidance with regard to health hazards, good family health habits, and family planning
- Current on best practices within the field of OB/GYN and Women's health
- Works as a member of the health care team and assists in education of patients and the target community in preventive health care and health maintenance concepts
- Demonstration of patterns of continued learning in order to ensure growth as a practitioner
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by TVHC, Inc.
- Demonstrates commitment to, and understanding of TVHC's Service Excellence Standards, by modeling service excellence in all internal and external relationships, addressing service excellence deficits in staff, and in performance of all duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Provides additional assistance within and outside of clinical arena, as requested and/or as appropriate, to ensure the ongoing success of the organization
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by CMO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and expectations required of the position.Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Two years' experience in Women's Health strongly preferred
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the State of California, including DEA license and CPR required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings, required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other TVHC members
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical problems
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence Standards of TVHC, Inc.
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required
- Ability to speak enough Spanish to examine Spanish-speaking patients and converse on basic level preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel to designated locations to perform duties.
- Graduation from a certified Nurse Practitioner or related program, which entails training as well as practice in the above, mentioned duties
- Prefer previous experience providing medical care within a community health center environment