Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s)
:Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
Birth Doula (AmeriCorps) - Posting #23116 Posting Summary:
Sea Mar Community Health Centers is seeking a Birth Doula for its AmeriCorps Department based in Seattle. The Birth Doula will be working with the Maternity Support Services in the City of South Park, Seattle. This position is an on-call position and does not provide benefits. Must have reliable transportation.
The member will train as a birthing doula with the Simkin Center at Bastyr University. Member serves clients by providing education and assistance throughout their pregnancy and birth experience. Member meets with clients during their pregnancy, provides support during labor, and visits during post-partum period. This position requires sensitivity, a willingness to work independently, and ability to handle a demanding on-call schedule.
The AmeriCorps member will be required to complete the Member Service Agreement requirements in order to be fully compensated for their position (Stipend and Educational award).Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but not limited to the following:
Education and/or Qualifications:
- Participate in mandatory trainings, service projects and team building activities throughout their 10-11 month full time term of service.
- Schedule appointments and navigate patients through health system barriers
- Initiate communication with patients making supported referrals to address the full spectrum of patient needs
- Provide the mother with emotional, physical, moral, and educational support, especially during times with the father and other close relatives are unavailable.
- Attend prenatal meetings to get to know each other and establish patient's birth preferences and other requirements.
- Remain with the mother throughout labor and providing physical and emotional support during childbirth and in the immediate postpartum.
- Visit the home of the mother once she has been discharged and assisting with the care of the baby while the mother heals.
- Provide continuous doula services that meet the DONA International Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics to women during their births.
To perform this service successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
- High School Diploma Required
- Preferred undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a current TB test (within the past year). Must receive a satisfactory background check from WATCH and all CNCS background check requirements.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's License and maintain automobile insurance.
- Member must have the ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with clients or employees of the organization.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to compile, interpret, and utilize information; and to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds and educational levels.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, use good judgment, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Must have intermediate computer skills. Experience in Windows Office programs preferred.
- Must be computer literate and have good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to solve problems and reason deductively.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred not required.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Memo Madera Perez, AmeriCorps Coordinator at Please reference the posting number on the subject of your email.Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR