The Women's Hospital is dedicated to serving the community and providing family centered care to women and infants. We provide a range of specialties including newborn care, women cancer services, breast services, fertility care, pregnancy care, pelvic health, GYN surgery, healing arts and wellness, and therapy for women and children.
Our collection of dedicated and knowledgeable staff use every opportunity to better the services we provide. We hope to see you become part of our team!Position Details
The Women's Hospital is in search of a vibrant junior year nursing student who is looking to increase skills and gain experience in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Must be currently attending an accredited nursing program
- Work 16-20 hours per week
- Maintain a minimum GPA least 3.0
- Attend NICU care classes
*Working hours commitment will be reduced during clinicals.Intern Compensation & Perks
- Hands on experience and observation with newborns*
- $500 sign on bonus
- Starting pay rate of $23 per hour
- Annual pay increases
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $3,700/year
- $1000 Educational Stipend per semester (spring & fall)
- Above scale starting pay rate after graduation
- Stay commitment of a minimum of 2 years post-graduation
*Hands on experience and observation is expected to include NICU rounds, newborn vitals, milk preparation, documentation, hearing screenings, bilirubin readings, glucose testing, respiratory care, EEG testing, eye exams, admission/transfer/discharge of infants, and attendance of vaginal deliveries.Shift Requirements include
- Junior Year - 16 hours biweekly including one 12 hour shift and one 4 hour shift, or two 8 hour shifts.
- Senior Year - 20 hours biweekly including one 12 hour shift and one 8 hour shift, or two 8 hour shifts and one 4 hour shift.
When submitting your application be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and professional references.