Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's HealthCare we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Women's Services New Grad RN Resident and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David's HealthCare we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our New Grad RN Resident Women's Services opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications Cohort Start date: October 10, 2022
Women's Services RN Residency Tracks include: Labor & Delivery, Postpartum, Mother Baby, Obstetrics
Theses RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- South Austin Medical Center
- St. David's Medical Center, Downtown
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- North Austin Medical Center
- Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David's Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- After you apply, you will receive an invitation to complete a Health Care StaffAssessment. Please complete this step as soon as possible to continue in the selection process.
- You only need to apply to one open residency position - a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at differentfacilitiesin different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
St. Davids HealthCare
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician or CNA in an acute care setting preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit.If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HERE to view full job description.