The Fairview Southdale Hospital is an award winning multispecialty health care system in the southwest Twin Cities metro area. It is comprised of more than 40 specialty services, using innovative technologies and treatments with the art of medicine.
This is a casual position, non-benefit eligible.
The Birthplace - Labor and Delivery & Family Care Center
- Average births 250/month
- 11 Labor/delivery/birthing rooms for inpatient antepartum, labor & delivery
- 3 OB triage rooms, 2 OR's, and Recovery room along with training in advanced fetal monitoring and/or OR experience
- RN's in Labor & Delivery must be BLS and NRP certified.
- Average number of patients per RN follows AWHONN recommendations.
- 30 beds Mom/Baby private rooms - Couplet Care - Baby friendly philosophy
- Average number of couplets per RN on day/evening/ night shift follows AWHONN recommendations.
- Professional growth encouraged by cross-training staff to other units within the Birthplace
- Lactation consultant for inpatient care on unit
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for all assigned patient population(s). The RN is responsible for performing these responsibilities in accordance with all policy, procedures, professional practice guidelines and the MN Nurse Practice Act. The RN coordinates care with members of the health care team and delegates responsibilities to others as appropriate.
- Three years of recent (within the last year) RN labor & delivery experience.
- MN RN License
- BLS for Health Care Providers