SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time**$10K Sign-On Bonus Avaiable for Qualified Candidatets!! Registered Nurse (RN) Nursery Full-Time (0.9 FTE) Nights St. Lucie Medical Center Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Lucie Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionateway. Do you have a passion for helping others? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nursery RN.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
• You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
• You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida, or
- Recognized compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provision)
- Graduate from a professional accredited school of nursing preferred
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- NRP Certification
- Stable Certification preferred
- One year of Acute Care Labor & Delivery Nursing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.