The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time WEEKEND OPTION Procedure Nurse
to join our team of professionals in the Boston IVF Department. This position 36 hours a week; includes 4 - 9 hours shifts that include both Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm and then two other days during the week 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. Week days are flexible and can be discussed with serious applicants. WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to give back by supporting programs and charities in our community. WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR PROCEDURE NURSE (RN) CANDIDATES?
The Procedure RN manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. The Procedure Registered Nurse includes managing care of patients through different ART cycle plans, completing and assisting with in-office procedures, providing pre-op/intra-op and post-op care and performing trans-vaginal ultrasounds.
Minimum Requirements: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current Indiana RN Licensure and BLS Certification, ACLS Certification not required, but preferred, and PACU experience preferred.WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURE NURSE (RN) RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Manages the care of patients and has complete understanding of all ART cycle plans and the plan of care for each.
- Performs transvaginal ultrasounds and passes annual competency checks completed by designated person.
- General knowledge of common insurance requirements (coding, formulary medications and supplies, pre-certifications).
- Promptly follow up patient phone calls
- Provides patient education and teaching on treatment cycle and medication preparation and administration and all aspects of reproductive medicine.
- Understands emergency management procedures and knows what action to take in an emergency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy related to procedure for ultrasound competency and IUIs.
- Assembles necessary instruments, supplies and equipment prior to start of batch and/or case and demonstrates an understanding of the principle of asepsis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skills and judgement necessary to implement the plan of care, nursing interventions and all procedures including pre-op, intra-op and post-op care.
- Has complete understanding in the use of practice specific EMR (eIVF) for proper patient documentation and treatment coordination.
- Able to assist advanced practice provider with office procedures as needed.
- Assists provider by completing chart reviews prior to patient appointments.
This is a WEEKEND OPTION POSITION - includes four 9 hour days.
Position includes Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Then, two other days during the week 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Days are flexible and can be discussed with serious applicants.