SHIFT: No Weekends
The HCA Centerfor Clinical Advancement (CCA)
is part of our strategic nursinginitiative to create an organizational structure (shared services) focusedspecifically on clinical education. The CCA will develop and deploy consistentworld-class curriculum, content, and programs across HCA's 178 acute carefacilities nationwide. The strategy of our center shared servicesimplementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating their timein high value-add, top of skill efforts with our clinicians. To aid in thiseffort, HCA will leverage size and scale to share clinical education bestpractices across the enterprise and help make decisions that will positivelyimpact our patient outcomes.
Were excited to advanceand hope you will join us on our mission to support the care and improvement ofhuman life!
HCA's Dominion Hospital,Reston Hospital and StoneSprings Hospital combine atotal of 240 Beds.
The ClinicalProfessional Development Specialty Educator
is responsible forenhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care in anidentified specialty throughout hospitals in their assigned division. TheSpecialty Educator will have deep subject matter expertise in nursing inhis/her professional specialty and will provide evidence-based, qualityeducational programs and activities that promote professional competency fornursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff in the identifiedspecialty setting. Orientation/Onboarding
- The CPDSE actively collaborates and may lead the development of the entire orientation/onboarding process for nursing in the identified specialty. This includes participating or leading the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel in the critical care setting. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Provides and assist with orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention through the division
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed
- Collaborates with the Market Director, Clinical Professional Development (MCPD) and facility Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) to adjust the program based on evaluation results
- Incorporates organizational values/culture
The CPDSE is responsibleto have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in thedevelopment, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, andevaluating competency in the critical care setting. To meet thisexpectation includes the following:
- Interprets and demonstrates competencies to the (ex. critical care, womens services, surgical services etc.) staff
- Role models competent practice
- Identifies learning needs of the specialty staff either through on-site review or metrics
- Assesses practice gaps comparing competencies to actual practice and provides direction to reduce the gaps to practice.
- Plans educational content with learner engagement
- Collaborates with the CPDEs, MCPD and Director, Clinical Programs to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities for the identified specialty throughout the division.
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving
Education is designed toimprove professional practice and provision of quality care. Toaccomplish this goal the CPDSE may participate or leads the design andidentification of educational activities to address practice gaps foridentified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensedhealthcare personal in the critical care setting. These activities aredeveloped to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits oropportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meetthis expectation includes the following:
Research Evidence-basedPractice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Assesses practice gaps.
- Identifies learning needs and desired outcomes for area for the identified specialty
- Identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement
- Collaborates with the clinical education team members which may include the Director, Clinical Programs and Market Director, Clinical Professional Development and/or Clinical Professional Development Educator to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
- Aligns educational programs with organizations policies and procedures
- Ensures that educational programs meet regulatory requirements.
- Incorporates organizational values/culture.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
- Utilizes current, best evidence to improve (insert specialty) nursing throughout the division
- Provides staff with resources and education to implement changes