Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Postpartum Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* *Medical Benefits�*designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
* *Wellbeing Resources*
* *401K�*(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (*ESPP*)
* HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
* Disaster Relief Support
[Learn more about Employee Benefits](https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/prn-employee-benefits-and-rewards)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Postpartum Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Postpartum Registered Nurse, you will educate and assist new mothers with physical and emotional needs during the postpartum period. As a nurse on this Mother Baby Unit, you will educate mothers on how to care for their newborn. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
* You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient (both mother and baby), following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
* You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN�s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
* You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and recognize and respond to symptoms such as those related to postpartum depression.
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of acute care experience - preferred
* Associates Degree of Nursing
* BSN � preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* RNC �OB � preferred
[St. David�s South Austin Medical Center](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-south-austin-medical-center) is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program � the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area�s only adult [bone marrow transplant](https://stdavids.com/service/blood-marrow-transplant) program � and Level II trauma center. The facility�s full range of [specialized services](https://stdavids.com/locations/st-davids-south-austin-medical-center/medical-services.dot) includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women�s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David�s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David�s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David�s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits � St. David�s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. �In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Postpartum Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.�*Unlock the possibilities and apply today!*
We are an equal opportunity employer and ... Please click [HERE](https://click.appcast.io/track/d1upa66?cs=lkg) to view full job description.