Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (*PTO*) and Personal Leave
* *401K�*(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* *Academic Assistance�*and�*Reimbursements�*for Tuition and Student Loans
* *Employee Discounts�*including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* *Home*,�*Auto*, and�*Pet Insurance*
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (*ESPP*)
* *Short Term�*&�*Long Term Disability�*coverage
* *Legal Benefits�*and lots more!
[Learn more about Employee Benefits](https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/employee-benefits-and-rewards)
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for assigned patients. You will work alongside Labor and Delivery nurses, Obstetricians, and Pediatric/Neonatology staff to develop an individualized patient care plan that follows hospital policies and procedures.
* You will complete an admission assessment, including discharge planning, that is accurately documented within 2 hours of patient admission
* You will initiate critical pathway during admission to plan nursing care, and will review and update pathway as evidenced by appropriate interventions and nursing care documentation
* You will identify changes in patient condition and report these changes to the appropriate unit personnel
* You will document resolutions of identified patient problems and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate unit personnel
* You will accurately administer and document medications
* You will evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will evaluate the effectiveness of patient teaching and revise the teach plan as needed
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience as a staff nurse in an acute care setting � preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
[St. David�s Medical Center](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-medical-center) is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This *300+ bed facility* features a 24-hour emergency department, *the region�s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)*, and the internationally-renowned [Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute](https://tcainstitute.com/) and [St. David�s Neuroscience & Spine Institute](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-neuroscience-spine-institute). The full [scope of services](https://stdavids.com/locations/st-davids-medical-center/medical-services.dot) provided at St. David�s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women�s services, complex surgical services, and a [Bariatric Surgery Center](https://stdavidsweightloss.com/). The facility is home to a *60+ bed rehabilitation hospital* providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David�s Medical Center is part of St. David�s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David�s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits � St. David�s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
... Please click [HERE](https://click.appcast.io/track/e4qkhup?cs=lkg) to view full job description.