Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* *Medical Benefits�*designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
* *Wellbeing Resources*
* *401K�*(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (*ESPP*)
* HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
* Disaster Relief Support
[Learn more about Employee Benefits](https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/prn-employee-benefits-and-rewards)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for assigned patients. You will work alongside Labor and Delivery nurses, Obstetricians, and Pediatric/Neonatology staff to develop an individualized patient care plan that follows hospital policies and procedures.
* You will complete an admission assessment, including discharge planning, that is accurately documented within 2 hours of patient admission
* You will initiate critical pathway during admission to plan nursing care, and will review and update pathway as evidenced by appropriate interventions and nursing care documentation
* You will identify changes in patient condition and report these changes to the appropriate unit personnel
* You will document resolutions of identified patient problems and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate unit personnel
* You will accurately administer and document medications
* You will evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will evaluate the effectiveness of patient teaching and revise the teach plan as needed
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience as a staff nurse in an acute care setting � preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
[St. David�s Medical Center](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-medical-center) is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This *300+ bed facility* features a 24-hour emergency department, *the region�s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)*, and the internationally-renowned [Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute](https://tcainstitute.com/) and [St. David�s Neuroscience & Spine Institute](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-neuroscience-spine-institute). The full [scope of services](https://stdavids.com/locations/st-davids-medical-center/medical-services.dot) provided at St. David�s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women�s services, complex surgical services, and a [Bariatric Surgery Center](https://stdavidsweightloss.com/). The facility is home to a *60+ bed rehabilitation hospital* providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David�s Medical Center is part of St. David�s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David�s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits � St. David�s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. �In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse PRN opening... Please click [HERE](https://click.appcast.io/track/e15jsl0?cs=lkg) to view full job description.