Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's North Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Postpartum Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (*PTO*) and Personal Leave
* *401K�*(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* *Academic Assistance�*and�*Reimbursements�*for Tuition and Student Loans
* *Employee Discounts�*including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* *Home*,�*Auto*, and�*Pet Insurance*
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (*ESPP*)
* *Short Term�*&�*Long Term Disability�*coverage
* *Legal Benefits�*and lots more!
[Learn more about Employee Benefits](https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/employee-benefits-and-rewards)
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Postpartum Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Postpartum Registered Nurse, you will educate and assist new mothers with physical and emotional needs during the postpartum period. As a nurse on this Mother Baby Unit, you will educate mothers on how to care for their newborn. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
* You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient (both mother and baby), following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
* You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN�s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
* You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and recognize and respond to symptoms such as those related to postpartum depression.
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of acute care experience - preferred
* Associates Degree of Nursing
* BSN � preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* RNC �OB � preferred
[St. David�s North Austin Medical Center](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-north-austin-medical-center) is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than *360 beds*. The facility is home to *[St. David�s Children�s Hospital](https://stdavids.com/service/pediatrics), [St. David�s Women�s Center of Texas](https://stdavids.com/service/womens-center-of-texas) featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the [Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery](https://texasrobotic.com/)*. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David�s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David�s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David�s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits � St. David�s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. �In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."HERE to view full job description.