St. David's Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently.�*Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?�*Submit your application for Postpartum Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (*PTO*) and Personal Leave
* *401K�*(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* *Academic Assistance�*and�*Reimbursements�*for Tuition and Student Loans
* *Employee Discounts�*including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* *Home*,�*Auto*, and�*Pet Insurance*
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (*ESPP*)
* *Short Term�*&�*Long Term Disability�*coverage
* *Legal Benefits�*and lots more!
[Learn more about Employee Benefits](https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/employee-benefits-and-rewards)
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Postpartum Registered Nurse, you will educate and assist new mothers with physical and emotional needs during the postpartum period. As a nurse on this Mother Baby Unit, you will educate mothers on how to care for their newborn. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
* You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient (both mother and baby), following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
* You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN�s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
* You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and recognize and respond to symptoms such as those related to postpartum depression.
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of acute care experience - preferred
* Bachelor�s Degree of Nursing
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Certification in specialty - preferred
[St. David�s Medical Center](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-medical-center) is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This *300+ bed facility* features a 24-hour emergency department, *the region�s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)*, and the internationally-renowned [Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute](https://tcainstitute.com/) and [St. David�s Neuroscience & Spine Institute](https://stdavids.com/location/st-davids-neuroscience-spine-institute). The full [scope of services](https://stdavids.com/locations/st-davids-medical-center/medical-services.dot) provided at St. David�s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women�s services, complex surgical services, and a [Bariatric Surgery Center](https://stdavidsweightloss.com/). The facility is home to a *60+ bed rehabilitation hospital* providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David�s Medical Center is part of St. David�s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David�s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits � St. David�s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World�s Most Ethical Companies� by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. �In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable... Please click [HERE](https://click.appcast.io/track/e1kwa08?cs=lkg) to view full job description.