You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse. This is a per diem on call as needed position.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You're equally comfortable with breastfeeding management, breastfeeding-related policy development, and patient education.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide breastfeeding education, consultation, and counseling to our patients.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a �hospital within a hospital� specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Health's missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set. We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Lactation Consultant RN you need to know how to:
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate breastfeeding management for patients in inpatient and outpatient settings by utilizing the nursing process. Provide holistic, evidence-based breastfeeding support and care from preconception to weaning for women and their families. Act as advocate for breastfeeding as the child-feeding norm.
* Provide support for patients, proactively suggest strategies for breastfeeding, and address patient issues and concerns.
* Conduct prenatal breastfeeding classes and evaluate educational outcomes. Deliver appropriate education for patient and patient support/family.
* Provide outpatient care, consultation and home visits for families experiencing breastfeeding difficulties.
* Act as clinical expert/resource for staff on subjects related to lactation including the current standards of practice. Facilitate the development of policies which protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
* Participate in the development of educational programs and assess the educational needs of health care providers.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, required
* ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within five (5) years of hire, required
* Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice or ability to obtain, required
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
* Current certification by the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), required within two (2) years of hire
* At least two (2) years of recent maternal/child nursing experience, highly preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Lactation Consultant RN on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.