All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- *$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night shift - 7pm to 7am, Weekend rotation required
Location: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs - 601 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Altamonte Springs is a premier destination for obstetrical care in Seminole County.
- Our NICU is a 10 bed Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. AH Altamonte delivers approximately 2,200+ births per year (180 babies per month). The adjacent units are a 14 bed Labor and Delivery unit and a 26 bed Mother Infant Unit.
- The multidisciplinary team is supported by Neonatologists and OB Hospitalists on Labor and Delivery 24/7.
- Our NICU Network expands across multiple campuses and has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the Best for Neonatology in Florida
- Other highlights include the Professional Excellence Program and our Perinatal Nurse Internship Program.
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
The community you'll be caring for:
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named Best Hospital for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Interested in seeing what it's like to work for us? Click here to take a virtual tour today!
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
Qualifications The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed: Minimum qualifications
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.