Registered Nurse II
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care. The Clinical Nurse II oversees the duties and competencies of the healthcare team; these include the performance of nursing assistant duties, and in specified departments basic respiratory, phlebotomy, cardiology, clerical, food service, and environmental services duties as applicable. The Clinical Nurse II will practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal, and hospital policies.
* Associate's Degree in Nursing (must be enrolled in program before March 2014), and enrolled in Bachelor's Degree Nursing program at time of transfer into RN role (hired before March 2014)
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or obtain within 2 years of hire; must be enrolled in program at time of hire (effective March 1, 2018).
Experience: Effective March: 1, 2018, experienced RN's must have 1 year of experience.
* California RN License.
* BLS, ACLS, PALS or NRP per unit need must be American Heart Association certifications
* LDRP, 740000-C01:
* ACLS within 6 months of hire (will only be assigned to patient care when another ACLS/PALS nurse is present).
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
* Basic Fetal Monitoring for new graduate RN's or RN's new to Labor and Delivery.
* Advanced Fetal Monitoring within 6 months of hire for experienced Labor and Delivery nurses (must be at least 7 CEU's and taken within the past 24 months prior to hire). Required within 16 months of hire or transfer into Labor and Delivery for new graduate RN's and RN's without Labor and Delivery experience.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally, and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.