Critical Care/ICU/PICU/NICU opening in Boston, Massachusetts. This and other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
REF: CO441 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Boston, MA Full time and permanent NNP To apply: please submit your application directly or send your resume to PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Care of the critically or intensively ill neonate in the neonatal ICU setting, including attendance at high risk deliveries with the NICU team, admission of the ill neonate to both the level III and level II setting, and ongoing care in the NICU/SCN setting.
- The NNP shall work with a multidisciplinary team to review history and daily patient data, round with a multidisciplinary team to make management plans, perform appropriate procedures (including but not limited to: endotracheal intubation, needle thoracentesis, thoracostomy, paracentesis, umbilical line placement, PICC line placement, peripheral arterial access, lumbar puncture, bladder catheterization).
- The NNP shall maintain appropriate licensure and maintenance of certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Masters degree in nursing required. Satisfactory completion of an approved formal education program which has as its objective the preparation of professional nurses to practice as nurse practitioner. Completion of a Master's or post Masters' degree in adult or family NP program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Other: ANA or other appropriate nursing certification in area of practice and authorization by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in the expanded role. DEA for prescription writing
- Board certification as a Pediatric or Neonatal Nurse Practitioner required.
- NRP certified.
- At least 2 years experience in the care of ill and critically ill newborn both in the delivery room and the ICU setting.
Keyphrases: critical care jobs, critical care nurse jobs, critical care medicine jobs, critical care nursing jobs, critical care nurses jobs, pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care transport nurse jobs, critical care registered nurse jobs, pediatric critical care jobs, surgical critical care jobs, critical care paramedic jobs, intensive care jobs, nicu nursing jobs, picu jobs, picu nurse jobs, cardiac critical care jobs, cardiac critical care medicine jobs, neonatal icu nurse jobs