Overview:Our Maternal-Fetal Medicine Centers provide innovative, comprehensive and interdisciplinary care for women. As the only Maternal-Fetal specialists in the region associated with an academic medical center, our specialists bring their own expertise as well as collaboration with neonatologists, geneticists and other University of Minnesota Health specialists to provide the highest level of care for women and their babies — from preconception to post-partum.
We care for women who are:Of advanced maternal agePregnant with a child who has indications of an abnormality such as spina bifida or Down SyndromePregnant with multiples
We also care for women who have:A history of preterm deliveryA history of preterm laborAn incompetent cervixGestational diabetesHistory of preeclampsiaPre-existing medical conditions, such as cardiac disease or cystic fibrosisPrior fetal or neonatal deathRecurrent pregnancy losses
This position will be working 40 hours every two weeks on the day shift, no weekends. The position is eligible for benefits.Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Uses the nursing process to provide for the physical, emotional and education needs of a wide variety of patients planning or experiencing a high-risk pregnancy.
- Safely employs (sets-up, utilizes and trouble shoots) fetal monitoring devices.
- Critically evaluates accuracy of data collected.
- Formulates nursing interventions based upon data obtained from patient monitoring
- Educates the patient and family regarding the procedure/intervention.
- Prepares the patient emotionally and physically for the procedure/intervention.
- Monitors and evaluates the patient's response throughout the procedure/intervention.
- Assists other members of the healthcare team during the procedure/intervention.
- Provides care, education and support for patients during pregnancy terminations consistent with applicable laws.
- Provides appropriate follow-up care.
Qualifications:Required qualifications: RN, BLS certification. Minimum two years of full-time Level II or Level III Labor and Delivery RN experience. Successful completion of two day AWHONN course.
Preferred qualifications: BSN. Certification in related specialty.