GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The North Country OB/GYN department is committed to providing quality, evidence-based, innovative care to women in Northern Arizona. We are looking for a Registered Nurse with experience in the OBGYN specialty to join our team.
If you are looking for a position in which you can make a direct difference in patients' lives while working in conjunction with a dynamic team, we are looking for you. In this role you will triage, evaluate, and educate patients within the OB/GYN specialty.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about the OB / GYN area of nursing.
- Place a high priority on excellent patient care and customer service.
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate compassion with sound judgment, and problem solving skills with attention to details.
- Have the ability to handle stress.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
- Work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Show strong computer skills utilizing electronic health records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage patients on OB RN desktop in EHR, and on a walk-in basis.
- Determine acuity of complaint, give advice or refer to provider as appropriate.
- Answer questions regarding their care (lab results, referrals, prescriptions, etc.)
- Document appropriately in the patient's chart
- Respond to urgent or emergent clinic situations.
- Perform patient health history, health assessment, and education for initial prenatal visit and communicate findings to provider.
- Telephone patients to discuss abnormal labs, call in prescriptions, arrange follow up.
- Review transfer records; identify high risk issues and items to be entered into EHR.
- Coordinate care of high risk OB patients.
- Complete FMLA and Disability paperwork.
- Perform Pregnancy tests on a walk-in basis. Provide appropriate counseling.
- Conduct regular in-services with support staff.
- Start IV hydration, administer medications and assist with procedures as needed.
- Responsible for follow up on abnormal pap smear results.
- Serve as resource for Medical Assistants.
- Serve as preceptor for nursing students.
- Continuous learning in both personal and professional development.
- Consistent review, comprehension and reply of company email and related correspondence.
- Regular and predictable attendance
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Registered Nurse license.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in nursing (BSN preferred).
- At least 3 years' experience in nursing (OB/GYN specialty preferred).
North Country is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.