Las Palmas Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?
Submit your application for Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At Las Palmas Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Las Palmas Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.What qualifications you will need:REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Texas or Compact State Nursing License - RN required
- BCLS Certification
- NRP Certification (Chapters 1-9) within 3 months of hire or immediately with Newborn, Labor and
- Delivery/Antepartum experience
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire or immediately if required at previous employer
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 6 months from finish of floor orientation.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Graduate from an Accredited Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree of Nursing Program
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills, follow AIDET philosophy.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
- Introductory Fetal Monitoring course completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.
- 20 hours or Breastfeeding Education, 5 hours will be under direct observation of the Lactation Consultant within 6 months of hire. Annual competency check-off to follow after 20 education hours are completed.
Las Palmas Medical Center
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing Program preferred.
- Perinatal and neonatal healthcare experience preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. course certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Lactation Educator or Consultant preferred.
- AWHONN member
is a 300+ bed
full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center
. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center
, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.