Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Lactation RN PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Lactation RN PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
To administer, analyze and appraise the educational offerings for the maternity patients and their families. As Lactation consultant functions as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team as a consultant, educator, and mentor to nurse's healthcare professionals, and patients. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the maternity patients and their families. To improve quality of patient education.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Responsible for the management of all the prenatal classes offered within Del Sol Medical Center including the physical management of class materials and class location.
- Responsible for the registration of all clients for appropriate prenatal education classes.
- Develop and approve the educational objectives and content of all the prenatal classes.
- Assess the need for educational offerings as they relate to policies and changes in service.
- Develop and prepare self, educationally, for change and improvement within the education system.
- Provide quarterly reports indicating participation in the prenatal education system and maintain class registration and attendance records.
- Communicate with the Managers and Directors and other appropriate personnel to ensure continuity of educational information for the patient.
- Serve as a working member of the Patient/Family Education Committee.
- Identifies, analyzes, and formulates a plan of prevention and intervention that results in the attainment of the breastfeeding. Demonstrates the ability to assess /meet the psychosocial and developmental age-related needs of the specific population served.
- Confers regularly, when appropriate with the Obstetrician, Pediatrician and nursing staff on patient special needs and plan of care progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates level education in related health field such as nursing, occupational therapy, dietician or nutritionist, maternal child health.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:Required
Certified as in International Board Certified Lactation consultant through International Board of Lactation Consultant ExaminersPreferred
National/International Certification as a Childbirth EducatorEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Minimum of one year experience in prenatal education teaching experience preferred and or lactation experience.Del Sol Medical Center
is a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation
. This facility has 300+ patient beds
. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women's services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center
. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lactation RN PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status