New York, New York
Day Flex (United States of America)
Lactation Specialists Make It Possible:
Staff Nurse - Lactation Specialist - Women and Children's Health - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Women's Health nurses have created a supportive, compassionate environment for all phases of ante- through post-partum care. With over 12,000 births annually, we're the experienced and caring team families count on for successful outcomes. Mothers and babies start their journey here with expert nurses at their side and the finest resources at their command.
From obstetrics and gynecology to ante- and postpartum care, our nurses specialize in a myriad of Women's Health areas. We house one of few facilities in the region equipped to help high acuity mothers AND babies on-site. Our Center for Reproductive Medicine has success rates among the world's highest. We're home to New York's first Center for Endometriosis Treatment and Research, and many more progressive initiatives. Our hospital is a premier destination for women's health care and an unmatched opportunity for top-talented nurses. With record high patient AND employee satisfaction scores, we're offering an incredible culture of respect and nurse autonomy.
The Lactation Specialist is responsible for the direct provision of effective and comprehensive nursing care to patients and their significant others. Facilitates professional nursing practice by virtue of his/her clinical expertise and teaching abilities and acts as a preceptor for new staff and students by providing them with a professional role model. Lactation Specialist will educate staff and patients and will support QA and QI initiatives.
This is a full time day shift position at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. The hours are 7:30 AM -5:30 PM, four days per week.
- Experience as a Lactation Consultant or Specialist
- Excellent communication skills, leadership, and teaching potential
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse (or willingness to obtain)
- IBCLC Certification
- Minimum of one year acute care RN experience in women's health or NICU
- Previous lactation experience
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today. __
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.