New Haven, ConnecticutCategory:
ADVANCED PRACTICEPosition Type:
Full Time Benefits EligibleDepartment:
Midw CoScheduled Hours:
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1.1 The CNM provides full scope midwifery care as outlined in the Core Competencies for Basic Midwifery practice developed by the American College of Nurse-Midwives in outpatient and inpatient settings.
2. Patient Education & Psychosocial Support
- 2.1 The CNM will educate patient/families on care and recommended or available resources. In collaboration with the collaborating MD, this may be inclusive of admitting, instructions, treatment plan, actual and potential side effects of treatment/medications and discharge plans.
3. Information Management
- 3.1 The CNM ensures appropriate documentation within the accordance of hospital and regulatory requirements and protects information of all forms, whether computer-based, paper, film, voice, or other media from unauthorized access modification, destruction, or intentional or accidental disclosure.
4. Quality Management
- 4.1 The CNM is expected to demonstrate a high standard of moral and ethical behavior, professionalism, compassion, and commitment to patient care
5. Staff Education
- 5.1 The CNM serves as a clinical resource for new resident staff and may provide service specific orientation pertinent to clinical evaluation
6. Professional Development
- 6.1 Maintain certification through the American Midwifery Certification Board
Graduate of an accredited Nurse Midwifery program-Certificate, Masters or Doctoral Program
one year of experience as a CNM or equivalent combined training and experience
Certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board Connecticut State Licensed Nurse Midwife license, Connecticut State Registered Nurse License BLS/NRP certified DEA license, State of Connecticut Controlled Substance License Complete Electronic Fetal Monitoring course every 2 years
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of research methods, computer skills required
Possesses physical and mental health necessary to care for patients and families. Possesses a full range of body motion, including lifting and handling of patients Additional Information
At least 1 year experience as CNM preferred. May consider new graduate applicants with nursing experience. This 40 hour position is day/night rotating, and includes rotating weekends. PM22
YNHHS Requisition ID