Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse RNNeonatal Intensive Care Unit - NICUSchedule: Seasonal PRN
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of our Seasonal RN team.
Seasonal Program Runs August 2, 2020 to April 24, 2021Rate: $57.00Completion Bonus: $4000 Paid after the successful completion of 18 weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period.
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2019-2020. Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Why our NICU?Only Level III NICU attached to a laboring hospitalHighly supported Women's Services LeadershipNurses are encouraged to set and reach their goals24-hour Neonatologist supportBaby FriendlyAt Medical City Healthcare our nurses are FAMILY! Job ResponsibilitiesThe NICU Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The NICU RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices.
Qualifications IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR RN - Registered Nurse NICU Neonatal Intensive Care
- Associates (required) or Bachelor (preferred) of Science in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in a Level III Neonatal Unit
- Must have current Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- NRP, BLS*If you meet the ideal candidate minimum guidelines, you are guaranteed an interview. So apply online today.
About us:Medical City Las Colinas, built in 1997, is a 100 bed full service, acute-care facility offering a wide range of services to the community and families we serve.
Our facility is ranked among HCAs Top 10 in employee engagement and has ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past four years!!which means youll ...