The Gynecology, Urology, ENT and Plastics unit is a complex surgical unit that offers challenging and rewarding nursing opportunities.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
* Join a team of remarkable nurses who have a broad range of medical and surgical knowledge, skills and leadership.
* Join the 28-bed unit with nurse-driven collaboration and have the opportunity to care for a diverse surgical patient population.
* Be part of a team of nurses who are prime support and educators to patients receiving highly specialized care for a variety of surgical procedures including Cystectomy or Bladder Removal with Urinary Diversion, Gender Confirmation Surgery, Mastectomy with flap reconstruction in addition to head and neck surgeries.
Preferred - Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Minimum - One (1) year relevant inpatient adult acute care surgical experience within the last five (5) years.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR certification.
Preferred - Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
* Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
* Experience in teaching patients and families.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
90% FTE, 36 hours per week. Variable 8/12-hour day/evening shifts scheduled between the hours of 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM, or 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM. Every other weekend required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that's ranked Wisconsin's #1 hospital and considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Medical Foundation benefits