SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, TXNurse Manager (RN) Medical SurgicalHCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
has been serving the needs of Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds, a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services. HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. What you will do in this role:
Qualifications What qualification you will need:
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Surgical Units and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Functions as charge nurse on assigned shifts.
- Communicates with Nurse Director, Assistant Director, AOS and Case Manager regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences.
- Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of the Surgery Services that guide and support the provision of services
- Assist in planning and implementing educational needs for the surgical Nursing staff.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program on the Surgical Units.
- Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patients/ family concerns including communication with administrator on site.
- Maintains JCAHO standards and Patient Safety Goals. Stays up to date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the appropriate orientation and in-service training and continuing education of all personnel on the Surgical Units.
- Responsible for ensuring Through Put Plan is followed continuously and reviewing for process improvement.
- BSN required
- 2 Years Medical Surgical experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Texas RN licensure or eligible
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.