CJW Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?
Submit your application for Registered Nurse RN NICU position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At CJW Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at CJW Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a highly-skilled and compassionate RN to deliver exceptional patient care in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). In this position you will play a pivotal role in providing direct nursing care to critically ill newborns requiring specialized care. If you are looking for a supportive and teamwork oriented environment, apply today! What you will do in this role:
What qualifications you will need:
- As a registered nurse in the NICU you will deliver patient-centered nursing care to infants that may be premature and may have one or more serious health conditions beyond low birth weight, such as infections, birth defects or life-threatening illnesses that require continuous monitoring and possible surgery.
- Working closely with the multidisciplinary team of nurses, providers, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, pediatric surgeons, IBCLC lactation consultants and patient care staff, you will deliver standard medications and perform tests, regularly monitor and record infants' vital signs, track how much they're eating, and much more.
- Utilizing computerized documentation systems you will monitor, record and communicate patient conditions.
- As your patient is able to be discharged, you will educate the infant's care-givers and coordinate patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- When dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers, you will maintain cultural and diversity awareness, and much more.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
- 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
- 1 year of nursing experience in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit preferred.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred.
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN NICU opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.