*RN Resident - Labor and Delivery*
*Providence is offering a $15,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates with at least 12 months of hospital acute care experience and up to a $9,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates with less than 12 months of hospital acute care experience who meet all conditions for payment*
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Working with a preceptor and assuming increasing responsibility during the residency, the RN Resident is accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
*Shift Details:* Full Time, 36 Hours Per Week, 12 hours variable shifts. Shifts include weekends.
* Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire. Or equivalent educ/experience
* Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
* Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
* Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
* RNs employed prior to 1/1/17 are encouraged to obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher degree in Nursing, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment
* Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) within 90 days of hire
* Completed a pre-licensure nursing program and is newly licensed. Length of time since graduation can vary; however, typically is less than 12 months from graduation
* Bachelor's degree in nursing upon hire
* National Certification in area of specialty
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of providing safe, compassionate care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details — https://kadlec.jobs/benefits-information
*We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit*
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
*Job Category:* RN Resident
*Req ID:* 355813