Job DescriptionVidant Health About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry. Vidant Medical Center has received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice.Minimum Requirements
- Diploma in Nursing, Associates in Nursing or higher
- 2 - 4 years experience is required
- Current NC RN license or licensure to practice in a participating Nurse Licensure Compact state Health Care Provider is required.
- Basic Life Support is required
One of the most progressive not-for-profit health care systems, Vidant Health reaches more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties. Our system of care includes the following:
- The population cared for by this team consists of Laboring, Postpartum, or Antepartum Mothers and Newborn Infants
- $5.00 per hour additional differential added to base pay
Vidant Medical Center serves as the flagship teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. We are a tertiary care referral center and in 2018, achieved Magnet® recognition for the second time, designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more about our Magnet® recognition here.
- Vidant Medical Center - a level I trauma center and the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine
- Eight community hospitals
- James and Connie Maynard Children's Hospital
- Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville
- Vidant Medical Group - primary care and specialty services
- Vidant Home Health & Hospice
- Vidant Wellness Centers
- Vidant Health Foundation
- Vidant Heart Center
With an eye toward the future, we're continually pioneering ways to meet the needs of the medically underserved through groundbreaking research, cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional health care professionals. Our Community Benefits Grants Program focuses on early detection, wellness and prevention, community health initiatives and direct health care services. Vidant uses community health needs assessments as a basis for prioritizing health needs and planning to meet those needs.
Learn more about us by reading about our latest awards and accolades, explore our facilities and service locations — or just connect with us. We're looking forward to getting to know you.GREAT 100 NURSES
Out of 100 Great Nurses of North Carolina, 11 were Vidant Health nurses in 2019. We think that deserves a moment of wow.2018-2019 NURSING BIENNIAL REPORT
Vidant Health Nursing Professional Practice Model is Based on Dr. Kristen Swanson's Theory of Caring, this model provides nurses at Vidant Medical Center principles for daily care of patients and interaction with team members. This biennial report shares the contributions of nurses to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. Download the 2018-2019 BIENNIAL REPORT.