Registered Nurse, FT Days or Nights
- Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
- Harker Heights, Texas
- Up to $43.34/hr. + up to $15k Sign-on, shift and weekend differentials, + benefits
- Closing date
- Jul 10, 2022
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Labor and Delivery
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Medical Center
- Salary Range
- $75,000 - $99,999
This position is responsible for women and their newborns during the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and neonatal stages. They provide support and monitor vital signs of the mother and baby during birth and deal with any potential problems. They may also provide support and education to mothers and their families after giving birth. They are responsible for planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care, developing nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary and communicating changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- This person will provide MSEs (Medical Screening Exam) if deemed as QMPs (Qualified Medical Personnel) by policy, education and competencies.
- They will provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
- This person will develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- This person will communicate changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- This person will be required to work and care for pregnant women and mother baby couplets.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
- Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an L&D and/or LDPR setting required
- Minimum of one (1) year of EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Required to complete the education necessary to obtain my BSN degree within four (4) years of my date of hire with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
- BLS and ACLS through AHA (American Heart Association) required upon hire
- NRP requited upon hire
- Must obtain STABLE within six months of hire
850 W Central TX Expressway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert