Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
* Provide care for critically ill newborns, infants and their families across the continuum of care, from admission to discharge.
* Provide care for infants requiring the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic services, including a wide variety of medical and surgical complexities.
Preferred - Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Minimum - One (1) year relevant nursing experience.
Preferred - Previous NICU experience. Current Level III or IV NICU experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR certification.
Preferred - NRP Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
* Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
* Experience in teaching patients and families.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
90% FTE, Evening/Night - This is for 12 hour evening/nights from 1900-0730. Every third weekend and unit holiday and on call requirement. Hours may vary depending on department need.
American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin-also a Magnet®-designated facility-provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children's Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children's hospitals in six medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.