Woodwinds Hospital in Woodbury is now hiring a Surgical Tech for our Labor and Delivery
.7 (27 hours a week)
Every other Weekend
$5250 sign on bonus!Responsibilities
Review case cart to ensure necessary equipment is available for case.
- Scrub-in to sterile field and set-up instrumentation for case.
- Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure.
- Assists with OR room turnover between cases.
- Gathers OR equipment and positioning devices as needed, cleans and returns to storage locations.
- Counts instruments at the completion to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Ensures specimens are correctly identified prior to sending to laboratory for testing.
- Verifies medications are accurately measured and labeled.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
Trade or Vocational Certification in Surgical Technology or in process of
Basic Life Support
Prior OR experience (can be student experience)Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education. Vaccination Update
As part of our ongoing efforts to protect the wellbeing of our teams and to provide a safe and healthy environment for the patients and communities we serve, all Fairview employees will be required to receive both an annual flu vaccination and the COVID-19 vaccination series. Current employees must have completed both vaccination schedules on or before October 31, 2021.Beginning August 9, 2021, any new hires who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to receive their first dose prior to their start date and their second dose (if receiving Moderna or Pfizer vaccines) within 4 weeks of their start date. Annual flu vaccinations are also required before the employment start date for employees who begin employment during the flu season.Accommodations requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status. Job Locations
US-MN-Woodbury Posted Date
1 week ago (5/2/2022 2:18 PM) Requisition ID
Patient Care (Non RN/LPN) Speciality
Hidden (30960) Department
Delivery Rooms Shift
day Hours per 2 weeks