LDR is a 16-bed unit with a 6-bed OBED, 4 antenatal testing rooms and 2 c/section suites. The OBED is staffed by a nurse and an OB Hospitalist 24/7. LDR participates in AIM initiatives, PPH protocols with QBL, Severe HTN protocols, as well as multiple other process improvement initiatives. We have a charge nurse each shift to coordinate care. Daily safety huddles and bedside shift report are an important part of our unit culture. We closely follow AWHONN staffing guidelines for safe patient care. Norman Regional has a residency program.
Norman Regional Health System is a team of more than 3,000 healers all working together to bring our mission and vision to life. Our mission is to serve our community as the leader in health and wellness care. Our vision is to be the provider of choice to improve the health and well-being of our regional communities.
RN essential functions include, but are not limited to: collaboration with other health professionals, assessment, analyzing assessment data, establishing goals, planning care strategy, establishing priorities of care, implementing care, delegating tasks safely, providing safe direct and indirect nursing care, evaluating responses to interventions, and performing additional nursing functions in accordance with knowledge and skills acquired beyond basic nursing preparation.
* Diploma or Associate's degree (ADN) required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
* Previous experience in healthcare field preferred.
(Above requirements can be met by the equivalent combination of education and experience).
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
* Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse license or active Multistate RN license.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) training or retraining is required during orientation prior to providing patient care.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained thru re-training for duration of employment.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required within 6 months of hire and maintained for duration of employment.
* Hourly rate/hr depending on previous work experience.
* Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunities, retirement plans, free parking, and opportunities for advancement.
* Sign on bonus only for registered nurse with minimum 2 years experience in Labor & Delivery including circulating cesarean sections.
* Sign on bonus to be paid out over 1 year.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
* Fetal monitoring.
* Pulse oximetry monitoring.
* Computer skills.