As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health within the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
$8,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Why UnityPoint Health?
* Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
* Benefits - Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you're in.
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment - We're committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
* Development - We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
* Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care• Utilizes scientific principles to administer care to antepartum, laboring, postpartum patients and newborns.• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal account of patient's care.• Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills specific to the perinatal, obstetrical, and neonatal specialties in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and standards of care. • Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the individuals served.• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care. • Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.Clinical Excellence and Patient Education• Utilizes teaching strategies appropriate to the patient's and their families' specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.• Consults appropriate resources to provide specialized education.• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents, and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.Quality Assurance• Assists with departmental and hospital wide organizational quality improvement activities.
Education:• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program. • BSN preferredExperience:• One year of acute clinical care experience• One year of obstetric clinical care preferredLicense(s)/Certification(s):• Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa. • Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from the date of hire.• Fetal monitor course current of completion within 3 months of employment• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) current or completion within 6 months of employment• STABLE course current or completion within 1 year of employment• Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred.