Variable Hours are Available: FT, PT & Per Diem
1200 South Cedar Crest Blvd
RN - Inpatient Clinical
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), we're excited to be consistently expanding the nursing department at all levels of care. LVHN is always seeking experienced nurses committed to making a difference in the communities we serve. As an LVHN employee, you'll join a highly experienced and committed staff and work with the latest technological health care innovations. Join our renowned team as we continue to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community by providing advanced and compassionate health care of superior quality and value.
We are honored to be the only hospital in the region designated as a Magnet® hospital. But, what does it really mean to work at a Magnet hospital? The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) gave us this honor - the highest recognition of nursing excellence - after we submitted our application and evidence and after Magnet appraisers spent four days in our hospital, observing and interviewing our staff. Learn more about what it means to be a Magnet nurse.
Our dedicated and passionate colleagues set us apart from other health care organizations, as does the way they are rewarded for their hard work. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefit programs. We invite you to investigate the opportunities at LVHN as we work together for a better future. We provide:
* Shift Differential
* Competitive compensation packages
* Generous paid time off (PTO)
* Culture of Wellness benefit
* Annual nursing celebrations
* Recognition for achievements
* Professional and leadership development
* Weekend Program available
* Flexible scheduling available
Get additional information about our nursing programs, benefits and compensation. We are looking for professionals who share our passion for providing the highest standards of quality care and customer service to our patients. Our staff works in a challenging environment alongside colleagues who share the same commitment to delivering high-quality care. We have a strong educational program and career development program, and we encourage ongoing skill development and growth.
LVHN offers state-of-the-art facilities and a variety of specialty areas for our nurses to pursue. Our acute care inpatient hospital locations include Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)-Cedar Crest in Salisbury Township, LVH-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, LVH-17th Street in Allentown and LVHN-Tilghman, a dedicated orthopedic campus in west Allentown. If you have a passion for education and continuing to learn new skills, LVHN is a great place to spend your entire career with numerous pathways. Positions such as patient care specialist (PCS) and patient care coordinator (PCC).
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies and procedures. Directs and manages the care of designated patients. Utilizes effective and appropriate communication styles. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
Education - Required:
* Graduate of accredited Nursing program.
Education - Preferred:
* Bachelor's Degree Nursing
Experience - Preferred:
* 1 year Acute Care Experience and/or experience congruent with role in service line.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Required:
* Knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
* Ability to organize and prioritize assignments in the delivery of patient care.
* Successful completion of additional orientation programs related to specialty.
* Attainment and maintenance of unit-specific competencies.
* Basic computer skills.
Licensure - Required:
* Registered Nurse State of Pennsylvania Upon Hire or
* Registered Nurse State of New Jersey, dependent on location of position Upon Hire
* BLS - Basic Life Support Upon completion of orientation Upon Hire and
Licensure - Preferred:
* As per Clinical specialty within 2 years
* Successful completion of Registered Nurse orientation.ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification, as per unit requirementNRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification, as per unit requirementPALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification, as per unit requirement