Job Code: 1363
Supervises and directs the daily activities on the nursing unit. Oversees the coordination of care, in collaboration with other health care professionals. Conducts quality, safety, experience and leader rounding. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, supply management, as well as advancements of ILOS. Acts as a mentor to new grad RNs, provides just-in-time education, and clinical program evidence-based practice deployment and advancement. May be required to participate in on call status.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Develop and implement staffing plan for shift based on patient acuity, patient census and available staff.
* Serve as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems.
Participates in patient and safety rounding and provides real time feedback to staff.
* Assist staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet patient care requirements and other professional responsibilities.
* Provide for immediate follow-up, documentation and communication of incidents to appropriate manager and director.
* Anticipate actual/potential problems that may occur on their shift and sets shift priorities accordingly.
* Work collaboratively with nursing and ancillary staff to solve problems in a fair, consistent manner.
* Provide support, guidance and feedback to staff; Give ongoing timely feedback, verbal and written anecdotes, to staff on performance. Written anecdotes are passed on to the nurse manager or director to be used as part of performance evaluation.
* Assist staff to provide a safe work environment for patient care.
* Assist in the preparation and implementation of the annual goals for the department.
* Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
The RN Supervisor Nursing's management of the delivery and documentation of patient care includes, but is not limited to:
* development of the plan of care;
* implementation of appropriate patient care interventions; and
* evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions.
Reports to assigned Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.