Position #: 10663
* This Flexible Staffing Team is designed for experienced RNs who will be part of our nursing float pool and staff both the Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center in Hopewell.
* RNs for this position will be assigned to various ares in Maternal Child Health - must have experience in all areas of Mother/Baby and Labor and Delivery.
* Staff RNs in the Float Pool receive:
* Rate - Flexible Staffing Team differential of $5.00 hr in addition to base RN rate.
* Plus, if applicable, certification pay
* Plus, when applicable, shift differential
* Benefit eligible (medical/dental & PTO) for regularly scheduled part and full time.
This position is eligible for a 10K Sign-On Bonus - conditions apply.
* Plans for providing traditional and individualized comfort measures. Fosters an environment to include the core mission. Serves as an advocate by providing emotional and informational support to patients and families and giving them an opportunity to participate in goal setting as they consider alternatives to care.
* Provides appropriate support for pain management, pharmacological and non-pharmacological measures. Assist patient/family in identifying individualized comfort measures.
* Initiates plan of care based on Capital Health core mission principles. Includes illness, pain, fear, anxiety and/or any other stressful emotion in plan of care. Advocates for patient when condition prohibits self-advocacy. Incorporates goal setting and consideration of alternatives in the development of a viable plan of care.
* Identifies the patient's readiness to learn, formulates and implements individualized teaching plans, documents outcomes. Provides interpretation of the patient's condition and gives rationales for procedures which are consistent with the health team. Plans for and documents discharge needs of the patient with appropriate assistance.
* Determines multiple teaching needs related to identified patient problems and documents patient readiness to learn. Provides consistently information to patients with validation through documentation, observation and staff input. Provides patient with information to meet educational needs at time of discharge.
* Identifies and documents the patient's initial condition and need for care based on a detailed assessment. Interprets and assesses changes in patient condition, plans the appropriate intervention to achieve expected outcomes and documents changes, interventions and outcomes. Anticipates problems that might arise in frequently occurring clinical situations.
* Completes independently assessment to accurately and thoroughly reflect the patient's status. Contacts independently LIP to seek out anticipated medications and/or interventions related to changes in patient's condition. Documents thoroughly and accurately clinical changes, interventions and outcomes. Identifies significant diagnostic data indicating recurring clinical problems and situations.
* Identifies emergent situations, initiates appropriate interventions and documents outcomes. Initiates use of in-house emergency response teams as appropriate for identified situation.
* Administers medications accurately and safely. Documents patient's records according to the nursing process, ANA Code for Nurses and Capital Health Patient Services Division Standards of Practice Performs, teaches and demonstrates technical skills specific to assigned nursing unit.
* Identifies problems with IV therapy and adverse drug interactions as they occur. Answers patient questions regarding medications accurately. Updates frequently care plans and teaching plans as changes in patient condition occur. Assists unlicensed assisted personnel(UAP) in understanding how actions affect outcomes during patient care activities.
* Obtains new LIP prescriptions to appropriately reflect patient care regimens. Collaborates with resources regarding problems with response from other health team members. Attends unit-based performance improvement meetings, identifies important aspects of care and responds to the changing needs of the unit. Approaches LIP's to obtain prescriptions for specific patient needs. Communicates independently patient clinical information to LIP clearly. Interprets performance improvement outcomes and relate them to unit based standards of care.
* Meets patient care needs, provides assistance to other team members and responds to the changing needs of the unit. Demonstrates a willingness and capability to assume charge and act as a preceptor when necessary. Follows established policies and procedures for attendance, punctuality and continuing education.
* Interacts in response to the changing needs of the unit and has the ability to provide assistance to other team members. Attends basic preceptor workshop. Charge nurse competency completed. Utilizes non-productive time efficiently and has not received any disciplinary action related to non-productive time.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Possesses a willingness to adapt to changing department demands. Displays flexibility in scheduling shifts based on unit/department needs
* A BSN or an Associates degree in Nursing currently enrolled in a BSN program
* NJ Registered Nurse license required; at least one full year of bedside nursing care in area of speciality
* Frequent physical demands include: Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl , Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard use/repetitive motion , Taste or Smell
* Occasional physical demands include: Sitting , Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders)
* Continuous physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Carry objects , Talk or Hear
* Lifting Floor to Waist 25 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 25 lbs.
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of our onboarding process and pre-employment physical. Furthermore, Capital Health is a mandatory Influenza and Covid-19 vaccination facility.
Capital Health will never ask candidates for social security numbers or date of birth during the application phase. If you are asked for this information online, you may be a target for identity theft.