What You Will Do:
Nurse Manager (RN) - Labor and Delivery
Day Shift (M-F); 24/7 accountability
Actively seeking candidates for the Nurse Manager (RN) - Labor and Delivery position to join our nursing leadership team with the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you're coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 218-bed suburban Baltimore, Maryland campus. You're embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. Joining our team of healthcare professionals means you'll be contributing to a locally and nationally recognized institution. UM, St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade 'A' hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we've been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine repeatedly.
Our Labor and Delivery (L&D) is a 16-bed unit that offers both inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical services to pregnant and up to six-week postpartum women of all ages. The unit has nine Labor and Delivery Rooms, two ORs, three PACU beds, and a six-bed triage area, including a private exam room. We are capable of managing low-risk pregnancies as well as high-risk pregnancies and we have approximately 2,000 deliveries a year and assess 4,000 triage patients annually. We have a Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and specialize in premature birth, respiratory disease, and other conditions. We take a team approach to care in Labor and Delivery and all work together to ensure comprehensive and safe patient care. Our team focuses on open communication between all providers, patient safety, and maintaining the highest patient satisfaction scores in the hospital. Our shared governance model makes L&D a great place to work.
The Nurse Manager organizes and directs the work of Nursing Units and programs; coordinates staff to assure that effective nursing services are provided, and quality standards are met. A multidisciplinary team approach to care is utilized. The function of the clinical nurse manager is to develop and maintain an environment that supports the professional nurse and staff.
Registered Nurses at UM St. Joseph experience:
* A supportive and collaborative work environment
* A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
* Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
* Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
* On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
* 2 year / Associate's Degree: Active pursuit of a 4-year degree in Nursing (Required)
* 4 year / Bachelor's Degree: Nursing (Preferred)
* Master's Degree (Preferred)
Certification / Licensure / Registration
* BLS Certification (Required)
* State Registered Nurse License (Required)
* Certification in Specialty Area (Preferred)
Experience and Skills
* 4 - 6 years Direct patient care experience (Required)
* 2 - 4 years Prior Nurse Manager Experience (Preferred)
Labor and Delivery Experience required
Nurse Management Exp strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.