Our Lactation Services Team provides comprehensive care to women in both inpatient and outpatient settings. We focus our efforts on the family and the unique needs each new addition brings. Our primary goals are safety and support for each new family. Lactation Service nurses assist with breastfeeding support from delivery through discharge as well as in the outpatient setting when needed.
Norman Regional Health System is a team of more than 3,000 healers all working together to bring our mission and vision to life. Our mission is to serve our community as the leader in health and wellness care. Our vision is to be the provider of choice to improve the health and well-being of our regional communities. We call our employees healers because we view every single member of our team as having an impact either face-to-face or behind the scenes on our patients' and visitors' journey through our health system. We strive to recruit and retain healers who embody our spirit of customer service and who represent Norman Regional's five core values: Integrity, Communications, Attitude, Results and Engagement or ICARE. This is a special place to work. Apply today to join our compassionate team of healers and make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
* RN/IBCLC essential functions include, but are not limited to: collaboration with other health professionals, assessment, analyzing assessment data, establishing goals, planning care strategy, establishing priorities of care, implementing care, delegating tasks safely, providing safe direct and indirect nursing care, evaluating responses to interventions, and performing additional nursing functions in accordance with knowledge and skills acquired beyond basic nursing preparation.
* Diploma or Associate's degree (ADN) required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
* Previous experience in Lactation services
(Above requirements can be met by the equivalent combination of education and experience).
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
* Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse license.
* Current International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC)
* Basic Life Support (BLS) training or re-training is required during orientation prior to providing patient care.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained thru re-training for duration of employment.
* Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) training preferred.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) training is required within 6 months of hire.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required to be maintained thru re-training for duration of employment.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
* STABLE certification maintained every 2 years as offered.
* Minimum 1-2 shifts per week, 2 weekend shifts per month, and one winter/one summer holiday