The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurse include but are not limited to:
* Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
* Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
* Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
* Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
* Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
* Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
* Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
* Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Percent of Time: 60%
Schedule: 24 hours per week, Rotating
Location: UIHC Main Campus
Rotations: Rotating holidays
Salary: $32,653.00 per year to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentials
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
* Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
* Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
* For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
* An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
* Minimum two years recent (within the last three years) acute pediatric inpatient neonatal/pediatric ICU experience.
* Pediatric venipuncture expertise
* Demonstrate flexibility in multiple work assignments and ability to effectively multi-task work
* Proven critical thinking skills
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with patients, families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as evidenced through written and verbal communication
* General computer skills are required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
* Skilled in staff education and mentoring (e.g., preceptor)
* Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
* PALS certified (current or within one year)
* Clinical certification in either CCRN, CPN, neonatal care , or other related field within 18 months.
* Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
* If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
* Knowledge of University polocies and procedures is desired
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Megan Garton at email@example.com
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
* Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process
* Classification Title: Staff Nurse
* Appointment Type: SEIU
* Schedule: Part-time
* Pay Level: 52
* Organization: Healthcare
* Contact Name: Megan Garton
* Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org