Molokai General Hospital is looking for a Call-In Certified Nurse Midwife to provide antenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and Family Planning services to low risk Women registered in the Nures-Midwifery Program at Molokai General Hospital.
Molokai General Hospital (MGH) is a 15-bed rural health care facility with a Critical Access Hospital designation. It provides the only emergency room for the residents and visitors on the island of Molokai. MGH became a part of The Queen's Health Systems in 1987 and provides acute care, inpatient hospice, skilled nursing, and low-risk obstetrical services. It also offers primary care in a rural health clinic, chemotherapy, limited specialty procedures, diabetes management, family planning, physical therapy (including aquatic therapy), veteran's services and chronic disease navigation services.
Are you looking for an enriched cultural experience? Working at Molokai General Hospital means having the opportunity to provide quality health care and improve the well-being of the entire Molokai community. Come and discover the resources, support, and opportunity you need to build the career you've always wanted.
Molokai is the fifth largest island in the Hawaiian chain. It is unspoiled, reminiscent of old Hawaii, abundant with natural beauty, and boasts the longest white sand beach in Hawaii.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible to the Director of Outpatient and Business Services, with clinical reporting to the WHC Medical Director. Provides antenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and Family Planning services to low risk women registered in the Nurse-Midwifery Program at Molokai General Hospital (MGH). Collaborates with the consultant OB-GYN, who manages high-risk pregnant women registered at MGH.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Essential: Seeing, hearing, speaking, twisting body, finger dexterity.
• Continuous: Seeing, hearing, and speaking.
• Operates computer, typewriter, calculator, telephone, fax, and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Hazardous physical conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse-Midwifery school.
• Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board, the certifying body of the American College of Nurse Midwives.
• Hawaii State licensure to practice nursing and midwifery.
• BLS/HCP level certification.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
• Completion of fetal monitoring interpretation and management course, NCC Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification, within one year of hire date.
• Completion of Electronic Fetal Monitoring continuing competency assessment every two years through re-certification or passing of a comprehensive course.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
• Two (2) years recent experience in a Nurse-Midwifery Clinical practice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
PandoLogic. Keywords: Certified Registered Nurse (RN) - Midwife, Location: Kaunakakai, HI - 96748