Clinical Nurse Consultant II
Clinical Nursing Consultant II - 4E Labor & Delivery/OBER (Posted 04/30/2021) (Job ID #145661)
The Clinical Nurse Consultant II is accountable for facilitating the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and Relationship-Based Care model as the framework. The Clinical Nurse Consultant II provides patient care and consultation, coordinates the educational development of staff members and acts as a role model in clinical practice. The CNCII strives to improve patient outcomes by integrating Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence into clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Clinical Nurse Consultant II participates in monitoring, developing, and evaluating nursing practice while fulfilling unit and organizational goals.
Clinical nurse specialists provide diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management of patients. They also provide expertise and support to nurses caring for patients at the bedside, help drive practice changes throughout the organization, and ensure the use of best practices and evidence-based care to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. The Clinical Nurse Specialist identifies gaps in healthcare delivery, designs and implements and evaluates outcomes of interventions to improve overall healthcare delivery.
- Current license as a Professional Registered Nurse required
- Masters required
- Minimum Three (3) - Five (5) years of related relevant Labor & Delivery or related obstetrics experience required
- Current BLS / ACLS and other required unit-specific certifications required
- Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills, and work history required
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) that facilitate therapeutic relationships between patients, families and health care providers
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to become proficient in Epic with on-the-job training
- Level III High-risk obstetrical experience highly preferred
- Experience leading quality and safety projects and initiatives preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range $78,208 - $112,320
Tuition Waiver and Tuition Reimbursement Available
PTO: Vacation - 1st year 15 vacation days and 12 sick days
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume to the link below:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899