$15,000 Hiring Bonus for Eligible External Hires that Meet Required Qualifications and Conditions for Payment
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse, Fellow (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to the Labor & Delivery Triage at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Working with a preceptor and assuming increasing responsibility during the fellowship, the RN Fellow is accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
* Employ Nursing Professional Practice:
* Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients' care
* Develop, update and coordinate the patient's plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
* Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
* Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
* Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
* Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students and facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
* Align Practice with Safety and Quality:
* Accountable for safety, identify and correcs problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care
* Use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
* Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
* Engage in Professional Development:
* Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
* Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
* Lead in the Practice Setting & Community:
* Lead and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
* Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within five (5) years of hire or equivalent education/experience
* Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire
* Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
* Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 90 days of hire
* One (1) year nursing experience but new to specialty of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing upon hire
* National Certification in area of specialty
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details -http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits