Join Baylor University Medical Center (aka BUMC) as a Registered Nurse and be part of something better! $10,000 sign-on bonus available to full-time candidates with 2 years related RN experience
Baylor University Medical Center (Baylor Dallas), part of Baylor Scott & White Health, is a major patient care, teaching and research center located in Dallas, Texas. Established in 1903, the hospital opened with 25 beds and has grown to 914 licensed beds, cares for more than 300,000 people each year and serves as the North Texas flagship hospital of Baylor Scott & White Health. We are home to more than 20 medical specialty centers, many of which are ranked among the top 50 programs in the United States. Baylor Dallas is honored to be recognized by U.S. New & World Report Best Hospitals for 29 consecutive years, with similar designations from Newsweek and Becker's Healthcare, and has been ranked in the Top 20 U.S. Major Teaching Hospitals for two consecutive years by Watson Health. In 2018, Baylor Dallas achieved its fourth consecutive accreditation in the Magnet Recognition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). For more information about Baylor University Medical Center, visit BSWHealth.com/Dallas.
We welcome applicants who will serve faithfully, act honestly, never settle, and recognize that we are in it together to deliver world-class healthcare. Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute
, you'll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you'll be joining a team that's committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve. NICU Opportunities
Our Women's and Children's units are fast paced units that include high acuity patients. Are you looking to increase your knowledge base? Our Women's and Children's leadership team fosters an environment that supports learning, mentoring, and building each team member. Patient Population:
22 weeks GA - TermPatient Ratios:
1:1-3Number of Beds:
83, 8 bed Tiniest Texans unitUnit selling points:
State Designated Level IV NICU Care. 600+ Annual NICU admissions. 24/7 Neonatologist and NNP in-house coverage. Nurses are encouraged to set and reach their goals. Training and advancement opportunities. Neonatal transport team. Neonatal Internship. Transition to practice residency. Support to achieve specialty certification.Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation, and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
Registered Nurse Requirements
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority, and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research, and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
At least one year of RN experience in the NICU, preferably at a level III or higher.
Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- BLS- Basic Life Support (required within 30 days of hire)
- NRP- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (required within 30 days of hire)
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Baylor University Medical Center and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.