St. David's South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?
Submit your application for Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Lactation Consultant champions and serves as an expert consultant for the facility's Breastfeeding Program. The primary focus of this role is facilitating the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding by providing education and assistance to our patients. Additionally the Lactation Consultant will train and collaborate with the maternal nursing staff in order to provide consistent and accurate information to new mothers. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
- You will provide breastfeeding education to new mothers and families based on current AAP guidelines and recommendations.
- You will assist with the management of patients with complex breastfeeding problems.
- You will provide lactation discharge teaching instruction and resources for on-going lactation support.
- You will provide education within the scope of the Childbirth Education Program as well as continued consultation to patients who are in need of services post-discharge.
- You will be responsible for creating policies and procedures within the scope of Breastfeeding.
What qualifications you will need:
- 1 year nursing experience - required
- 2 years Maternal/Child Health or lactation consulting experience preferred
- Associate's Degree in Nursing - required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - preferred
- Texas Department of State Health Services Level I and Level II Lactation Management Courses or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State required. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License
- Current BLS certification required
- NRP - required as per St. David's HealthCare policy
- ACLS/ALS - required as per St. David's HealthCare policy
- IBCLC (Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant) within 1 year of hire date required.
is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program - the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program - and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.