DescriptionRegistered Nurse Women's Center Pre-Op/PACU AdventHealth Tampa Location Address:
3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613 All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
*Nursing or Business Unit specific benefits and perks Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better. Schedule:
- Up to $10K Sign On Bonus
- Relocation Bonus
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
- Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
Full Time/Days. Four 10-hour shifts plus call. The community you'll be caring for:
The role you'll contribute:
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts. The value you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Practice: Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience.
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, participants in clinical ladder will have additional expectations in this role.
- Graduate of a school of Nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited school or nursing preferred
- Experience in a specialty area(s) preferred
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.