CLINICAL NURSE LEADER - MATERNAL CHILD HEALTH Job Number: 00126569 Job Posting: Apr 29, 2022, 2:29:49 PM Closing Date: May 14, 2022, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M. Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE Organization: Health and Hospital Systems SHIFT: 8:00AM - 4:00PM LOCATION: NURSING ADMINISTRATION Job Summary
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) provides patient care, clinical consultation, mentorship, staff and patient education, policy and education authorship and clinical, research and evidence-based practice expertise within the Department of Nursing. The CNL identifies, develops, implements and evaluates process and performance improvement plans in the provision of patient care and Nursing clinical practice. In collaboration, leads the adherence to regulatory compliance and progression to quality and clinical excellence. As a staff resource, the CNL provides clinical expertise in complex clinical settings and develops, implements and evaluates Nursing education as a component of Nursing competency and continual process and performance improvement. The CNL are clinical and practice experts seek opportunities to create patient care optimization and efficiency while continually focused on quality, safety and regulatory compliance.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCH Personnel Rules. General Administrative Responsibilities
- Review applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements and consult with Labor Relations to generate management proposals
- Participate in collective bargaining negotiations, caucus discussions and working meetings
- Document, recommend and effectuate discipline at all levels
- Work closely with labor relations and/or labor counsel to effectuate and enforce applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Initiate, authorize and complete disciplinary action pursuant to CCH system rules, policies, procedures and provision of applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Direct and effectuate CCH management policies and practices
- Access and proficiently navigate CCH records system to obtain and review information necessary to execute provisions of applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Contribute to the management of CCH staff and CCH' systemic development and success
- Discuss and develop CCH system policy and procedure
- Consistently use independent judgment to identify operational staffing issues and needs and perform the following functions as necessary; hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, direct or discipline employees pursuant to applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Work with Labor Relations to discern past practice when necessary
- Provides patient care and clinical consultation within an area of clinical expertise.
- Works in collaboration with other Clinical Nurse Leaders, Nursing staff and other members of the interprofessional care team to ensure optimal patient care and Nursing practice to improve the quality of care through ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Mentors Nursing staff to support transition from novice to expert Nursing practice.
- Educates patients and staff with a goal of adoption and acceptance of information and incorporation into patient care or Nursing practice.
- Creates and implements policies, patient education materials, staff education and other materials to support excellence in Nursing practice and patient care.
- Participates in and/or leads clinical research and evidence-based practice changes.
- Participates and leads the development, implementation, and evaluation process and performance plans.
- Leads or participates in celebrating success in the Department of Nursing.
- Serves on and/or leads, departmental, divisional or system-wide committees.
- Leads and/or participates in educational needs assessment of staff and in staff competency validation and education.
- Serves as a resource and/or mentor to staff nurses, charge nurses and nurse preceptors.
- Oversees the work of nurse clinicians and educators.
- Participates in student education with established academic affiliates.
- Leads and/or participates in efforts to maximize efforts around quality, safety and regulatory compliance.
- Assists and/or leads professional Nursing staff professional development by assessing, implementing and evaluating staff learning and supporting Nursing staffs' professional growth.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates Nursing orientation.
- Contributes to the Nurse Coordinator or Director of Nursing annual and episodic review of staff performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures CBOs effectively implement communications and media plan.
- Develops and presents materials to local government, community institutions and other key stakeholders to raise awareness and support for the initiative and related activities.
- Creates content and/or materials (e.g., fact sheet, resource materials) to support communication efforts.
- Tracks ways in which CBOs are supporting COVID-19 response and advancing health equity. Manage project databases for monitoring and evaluation purposes; prepare reports as needed.
- Works with CCDPH staff and community-based organizations to ensure successful, coordinated and timely implementation of the initiative.
- Supports day-to-day project operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Licensed as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois or the ability to obtain prior to starting employment
- Three (3) years of full-time clinical nursing experience
- Two (2) years of nursing leadership experience
- Prior experience improving the quality and safety outcomes for patients
- Must possess an active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Additional certification(s) required based on clinical department:
- Peri-Operative and Emergency Department: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Adult Critical Care: ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Maternal Child: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
- Must be able to travel to all CCH affiliates on an as needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Doctorate degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of advanced nursing coursework in pathophysiology, clinical assessment, finance management and healthcare systems leadership
- Clinical Nurse Leader certification
- National Certification in the clinical area of expertise for which the individual will be working
- Knowledge and clinical expertise in a defined area of Nursing clinical practice
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to serve as a mentor and clinical expert and to work respectfully and effectively with patients and staff in a culturally diverse work environment
- Knowledge and expertise in infection prevention and control practices
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct oneself in a consistently professional manner
VETERAN PREFERENCE PLEASE READ
- Strong analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/ resolution skills to identify opportunities, obtain best practice information pertinent to the improvement
- Ability to perform literature review of recent research and develop evidence-based systems and solutions
- Ability to follow specific engineering, work practice controls and work area safety precautions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be effective and efficient in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to adhere to system, hospital, and department policies and standards
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22
(Notice of Separation at time of application filing). Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable OR
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License
which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing. If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW. BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/ MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION *Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview. *Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen. *CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor. COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)