Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) NICU Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) NICU Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes appropriately
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist mothers in breastfeeding alongside the Lactation Department
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience in as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting - preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification - preferredSt. David's Medical Center
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility
features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
, and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital
providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our NICU Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.