Harris Regional Hospital
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for directing and assessing patient care provided to all patients on the unit striving for quality and consistency by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the policies and procedures of Harris Regional Hospital.
This position will assist with admissions, discharges, and patient care to maintain patient flow by directing staff, identifying necessary resources or providing direct assistance as appropriate. The Clinical Coordinator will support staff retention and an excellent work environment by recognizing achievements publicly and privately, mentoring learners and privately addressing work performance issues to enable staff development and performance to ensure excellent quality care.
The Clinical Coordinator provides both verbal and written feedback to the Department Director regarding job performance, interventions and unit activities and facilitates communication to the staff. The Clinical Coordinator bridges nursing management and administration with the staff to provide structure and support when management is not present in the facility. The Clinical Coordinator serves as liaison among nursing units to facilitate quality patient care, ensure continuity of process and policy implementation, education of staff and management of clinical and departmental unexpected situations. Assists with orienting new employees and students as required.
1. Must have current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of North Carolina or from a compact state.
2. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS maintained.
3. Current AHA ACLS certification within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.
4. Current AHA PALS certification within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.(Required in ICU, PACU, Mother/Baby, Ambulatory Surgery, and E D)
5. Current AHA NRP certification with 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter. (Required in L&D and Mother/Baby).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The Clinical Coordinator will demonstrate professionalism by teaching and modeling expert clinical skills, effective team work, creative and courageous problem solving by using critical thinking and effective communication skills.
The Clinical Coordinator participates in tracers and other quality assessment activities as needed maintaining a working knowledge of The Joint Commission standards and CMS regulations in order to support staff education and compliance.
Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse and appropriate application of the nursing process. Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure. Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families. Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status. Ability to use computer and learn new software programs. Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, leadership and others. Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment and follow-up.
7. Ability to use fine motor skills.
8. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
9. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
10. Ability to remain focused and organized.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.