Description All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together
we are even better. Schedule:
Saturday and Sunday, plus 1 additional shift per week (ie: Friday, Saturday, Sunday OR Saturday, Sunday, Monday) 7am-7pm Location: Celebration The community you'll be caring for:
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you'll contribute:
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Celebration Labor and Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. AH Celebration is a Magnet Recognized campus for nursing excellence. Just 28 miles south of Orlando, Celebration was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level II Maternity Care for approximately 3,375+ births per year (281+ babies per month). The unit consists of 6 OB Triage rooms, 10 labor rooms, 2 OB ORs and 2 PACU beds. The adjacent units are a 10 bed Level II NICU, a 24 bed Mother Baby Unit and a 13 bed overflow MIU/GYN unit.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and Anesthesiology.
- The OB team has received the AACN BEACON Award for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes, patient experience and team engagement.
- AH Celebration is a Baby Friendly designated campus.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative's PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team is able to provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include the Professional Excellence Program, Perinatal Nurse Internship Program, active Unit Practice Council, and our Multidisciplinary Obstetrical Simulation Training.
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
QualificationsThe expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills - must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
- Must be fluent in English (read, verbal and written skills)
- 1 years of nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Active RN license required in the state of assignment or active Compact RN license
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current NRP certification
- Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Emergency Nurses Trauma Nursing Core Class (TNCC). Certifications may be required upon hire for certain departments. Refer to facility policy.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.